Is This Pathway right for you?
Public Service are those services provided by government to its citizens, regardless of a person’s income. Those who work in this sector help operate schools, parks, hospitals, airports, water and power utilities, and more. They collect taxes and spend public funds on projects and programs designed to benefit citizens. Careers in the Public Services Pathway include public officials and police and fire personnel. Careers in this field generally offer good benefits and job security.
Explore this pathway:
Is a career in Public Services right for you?
• Do you like helping people solve problems?
• Do you enjoy volunteering?
• Do you enjoy volunteering?
3 Main Points
1. A public service is one that is provided by the government to its citizens, either directly or through the financing of another entity to provide that service.
2. Public service professions offer many career opportunities, including the following career pathways: Public Safety, Emergency Response, and Legal Practices.
3. Careers in public service are unique because they center on challenging issues that define the public agenda and involve the provision of vital services to the public—from local to international levels.
• Interested in Being Involved in the Community
• Enjoy Job Security
• Excellent References
• Strong Interpersonal Skills
• Serving the Public’s Intrest
Golden West College Criminal Justice Training Center
This video is an overview of the law enforcement academies and classes offered at the Golden West College Criminal Justice Training Center in Huntington Beach, California.NEXT UP: Good To Know TAKE ACTION
The mission of the California Career Resource Network is to provide all persons in California with career development information and resources to enable them to reach their career goals.More Info
This site includes Information on California high school and community college courses, career options, and financial assistance. It will help you make decisions about the right courses to take in high school and community college so that you have the opportunity to turn that passion of yours into a great job and a great future.More Info
CaliforniaColleges.edu is the one-stop website for information about higher education in California for students, counselors, and parents. It has been developed in collaboration with the New WindowCalifornia State University (CSU), New WindowUniversity of California (UC), New WindowCalifornia Community Colleges (CCC), New WindowAssociation of Independent California Colleges and Universities (A I C C U), and the New WindowCalifornia Department of EducationMore Info
The Employment Development Department provides a range of employment and training services in partnership with state and local agencies and organizations through the America’s Job Center of California (AJCC).More Info
With such a large variety of career options available within the fields of criminology and criminal justice, you'd think finding the perfect job would be a cinch. Well, many aspiring career professionals find just the opposite to be true. The criminology and criminal justice fields are so diverse, it's often a daunting, if no overwhelming, task to narrow the search down to just one job. So where should you begin?More Info